About Judge Bryan Haggerty
Experience – Integrity – Fair
Make a Donation
About Judge Haggerty
Bryan D. Haggerty was a proud member of “Team Slidell”, serving as the Slidell City Attorney. He proudly served as the City Attorney for eight years before being elected. He took his Oath of Office on Dec. 19, 2019. He will take the bench on Jan. 1, 2020.
Bryan is a twenty–one year resident of Slidell, Louisiana. Bryan and his wife Sherlene have raised three children, Dawn, Christopher and Timothy. They have two grandchildren with another due in October of this year. They have been active members of the community and church. They attend St. Margret Mary Catholic Church, where Bryan serves as a lay minister/lecturer.
Bryan was raised as one of 11 children, born to Daniel and June Haggerty, both World War II Veterans, and both deceased. Bryan has served honorably in both the United States Air Force, and United States Air Force Reserves. His service consisted of assignments in the Continental United States and European Theater. His commitment to public service is an intrinsic value.
Bryan has the background and experience to ensure the City Court of Slidell, Wards 8 and 9, serves the citizens both fairly and efficiently.
Bryan has practiced law for twenty years, possesses a Master’s Degree in Business and a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration. Bryan possesses the experience, education and background that makes him uniquely qualified to serve as your City Court Judge.
The City Court, unlike other courts, requires experience in payroll, benefits, personnel, retirement, commercial liability insurance, labor relations and all other facets of operating a million dollar corporation. Bryan is superbly qualified. He has a passion for the families and safety of our community. He will manage our Court and serve the citizens of Wards 8 and 9 to the highest standards.
Legacy of Service
Bryan’s driving desire to be of the highest possible service to his community is an intrinsic value handed down from generation to generation. His mother, June Elliott Haggerty, proudly served in the United States Waves in the 2nd World War. His father, Daniel Haggerty Sr, also honorably served in World War II. Dan also succeeded his father, Edward “Mr. Ed” Haggerty, as Clerk of Criminal Court in Orleans Parish, an office they collectively held for over 60 years. Mr. Ed’s other son, the Honorable Edward A. Haggerty presided over the Orleans Criminal District Court. But it was Bryan’s great-grandfather, D.B. Haggerty, who began this legacy of service. D.B. Haggerty was a Louisiana State Representative and the first Fire Marshall in Louisiana. Bryan carries with him the weight and privilege of honoring his elders by becoming the next City Court Judge in Slidell.
Redemptorist High School, New Orleans, 1969-1973
Bachelor of Public Administration, 1980
Master of Business Administration, 1990
Juris Doctorate, 1999
Numerous Legal Continuing Educational Classes/Seminars
United States Military Training/Classes
Healthcare Management Training.
- City of Slidell City Attorney 2011 to 2020
- Law Office of Bryan D. Haggerty, LLC General Practice
- Law Offices of Hoffman & Haggerty, LLC General Practice
- City Court of Slidell – Court Attorney for Honorable Judge Gary Dragon
- Court Management Services Senior Consultant Serving multiple state region.
- Medforce Healthcare Services, LLC –
Chief Operating Officer
- United States Air ForceEnlisted, Honorable Discharge United States and European Theater (Germany)
- Receiptent of numerous awards and below zone promotion.
- Officer, USAF Reserves, Honorable Discharge IMA, Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi, MS
- Member American Legion
- Municipal Association, City Attorneys
- Member Louisiana Bar Association
- Member Slidell Bar Association
- Member 22nd Judicial District Court Covington Bar Association
- Former Member National Association of Drug Courts
- Licensed to Practice in the United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- Licensed to Practice in the United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- Loyola University – Former Ad Hoc Professor:
- College of Business – Marketing
- College of Business – Pre-MBA Program
- Parishioner St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church
- Lector St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church
- 2018 Grand Marshal (along with 5 brothers) Irish Channel St. Patrick’s Day Marching Club
Campaign Contributions are greatly appreciated.
Please mail contributions to:
The Committee to Elect Bryan D. Haggerty
P.O. Box 322
Slidell, La 70459
Or Donate Online